Meet Our Best Glaucoma Specialist
FAQs :- Answers By Our Glaucoma Specialist
Q. Who should get examined for Glaucoma?
- Family history of glaucoma
- Using steroid Eye drops or Oral steroids for a long time
- Trauma to eye
- High myopia or Hypermetropia
- Age above 40
- One sided recurrent headaches
- Frequent change in glasses
Q. Do all patients of glaucoma require surgery?
No, only those patients whose eye pressure or damage to optic nerve is not controlled with eye drops require surgery.
Q. Will I get back my vision after treatment of glaucoma?
The damage to the optic nerve is irreversible. The treatment aims at stopping further damage not on recovery of lost vision.
Q.Can we prevent glaucoma?
There’s actually nothing you can do to prevent Glaucoma. However, with early detection, you could reduce the impact on the optic nerve, as the damage done is irreversible. The best way to tackle this disease is through regular eye check ups.
Q. Can I stop glaucoma eye drop once my pressure gets normal?
No, the treatment has to continue forever inorder to curtail further damage and maintain the normal eye pressure.
Send A Query Or Call Us:-9914874442
Glaucoma ( KALA MOTIA ) is a major cause of preventable blindness (silent killer of vision)
YOU ARE AT HIGH RISK IF
- Age > 50 years
- Family history of glaucoma is positive
- History of diabetes/hypertension/thyroid disease
- Using high power glasses
GET YOURSELF EXAMINED IMMEDIATELY IF YOU EXPERIENCE
- Frequent change in near glasses
- Colored halos
- Persistent undiagnosed headache
- Black spot in front of eye
- Objects passing by your sides are frequently missed
Periodic checkups are must for early detection and prevention of glaucomatous damage as timely initiation of treatment can preserve your eyesight.
Treatment is done in form of drops, lasers and surgery. JP Eye Hospital has all the specialized digital equipment and expertise for early detection and treatment of glaucoma. Services available
JP Eye Hospital has all the specialized digital equipment and expertise for early detection and treatment of glaucoma. Services available
- Tonometry for IOP
- Visual field analysis (perimetry)
- Optical coherence tomography
- Lasers for treatment of glaucoma
- Trabeculotomy and trabeculectomy
- Glaucoma drainage devices