Meet Our Best Retina/Vitreous Specialist in Mohali
Dr Manjari Tandon, MS
Consultant, Retina and Uvéa Services
Best Retina/Vitreous Surgeon in Mohali/Chandigarh
FAQs :- Answers By Our Retina Specialist
Q.When should I get my retina checked?
Retinal evaluation is a must if you have
• Age >45 years
• High myopia
• Diabetes mellitus
• Joint problems
• Unexplained defect of vision
Q.I have diabetes, should I get my retina checked and how often?
A diabetic patient should get his retina checked for any retinal changes as soon as he is diagnosed with the disease and follow up will be according to his retinal status.
Q. What are these black spots that I see?
These are called floaters which are due to liquefaction of the jelly in your eye.
Q. Why do I see distorted images?
These can occur due to changes on the retina due to age related macular degeneration or a membrane or swelling on the retina.
Q.Can my retina be changed or replaced?
No it cannot be changed or replaced.
Send A Query Or Call Us:-9914874442
The retina is the light-sensitive tissue lining the inside of our eye. The retina converts the light rays into sensory impulses that travel through the optic nerve to our brain, where they are interpreted as the images that we see.
Get yourself routinely examined yearly if you are
- Hypertensive or
- High cholesterol
- Blurred, double, or distorted vision or difficulty reading.
- Floaters or spots in your vision.
- Partial or total loss of vision or a shadow or veil across your field of vision.
- Flashes of light
- Straight lines appear wavy
Report immediately, if you have the following:
Facilities available at JP Eye Hospital
- Fundus Fluorescein Angiography
- Fundus imaging
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- B - Scan Ultrasound
- Amsler Grid Test
- Green light Retinal lasers for treatment of diabetic retinopathy, lattice degeneration, retinal holes and retinal tears etc.
- Scleral buckling for retinal detachment
- Pars plana vitrectomy with endolasers/cryotherapy
- ERM peeling/Macular hole repair
- Intravitreal injections
JP Eye Hospital is the Best Retina Eye Center in Chandigarh