- Happier eyes- Contact lenses can deteriorate or be the cause of many eye problems such as red, itchy, sore, dry eyes or allergies. Eyes can, eventually, become intolerant to contact lenses which results in the inability to wear them. Extended contact lens usage is also associated with a number of risks
- Night Vision- Most LASIK patients say that their main motivation for undergoing LASIK was to gain the ability to see adequately in the middle of the night. The capability to see your surroundings in the dark is a luxury to many eyeglass or contact lens wearers who are tired of stumbling blindly through the dark to the bathroom at 3 a.m.
- Sports- Sports, especially water sports are constantly a threat for contact lens wearers. Eye protection such as goggles are frequently needed in order to avoid losing contacts but they can be cumbersome, awkward and impractical for certain activities. After having LASIK, you will be able to take part in any sport without worry.
- Worry-free– There is the constant threat of losing a contact lens and experiencing a sudden decrease in vision. This can be troublesome when watching television or exercising but can be extremely hazardous when driving a car.
- Easier traveling- Traveling with contact lenses and all accessories that go along with them is, without a doubt, an added burden. Packing an adequate amount of cleaning fluid, rewetting eye drops, spare contact lenses and cases can consume a considerable amount of space in your luggage. Also, there is always the chance of losing or tearing your contact which will leave you unable to see clearly.
- Better vision– Many patients are delighted to discover that their vision is actually better after LASIK than it was with their best pair of glasses or contact lenses. This is due to the inability for contacts to correct vision in the same way that LASIK does.
- Financial benefits- Initially, LASIK can appear quite costly but, when all costs are factored in, LASIK actually is more of an economical solution to correcting vision issues long term. When the cost of contact lenses is figured over a period of time, it is easy to see how fast the price tag can build. In fact, continuing with contacts as an alternative to undergoing a permanent vision-correcting solution such as LASIK has been precisely compared to renting instead of purchasing a house. Effectively, you are throwing money into something every month without reaping the benefits of a long-term investment.
J P Eye Hospital offers advanced customized laser treatment options for your eyes
WHAT IS LASIK?
Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a type of refractive surgery for the correction of Near sightedness, Far sightedness, and cylindrical spectacle power.
It’s a safe procedure with quick recovery.
WHEN CAN WE GET LASIK DONE?
Any person between the age group of 20 to 40 yrs of age, other important criteria’s for Lasik include the stability of glasses no. for at least 6 months, and after evaluation by an eye specialist that whether you are fit for Lasik.
HOW IS LASIK DONE?
In this procedure laser is used to reshape the cornea (outer most layer of eye) and done with latest and most advanced machine available at J P Eye Hospital.
WHAT ARE PREOPERATIVE AND POST OPERATIVE PRECAUTIONS?
• Contact lens to be avoided for at least one week before surgery
• Few antibiotics drops are given before surgery
• Post surgery splashing of water and rubbing has to be avoided
• There is absolutely no precautions in working in front of computer or any daily routine activities.
HOW FAST IS VISUAL RECOVERY?
Maximum visual recovery is achieved on same day of the procedure.
WHEN CAN I RESUME MY WORK?
We generally advise two days rest, but it is not mandatory.
WHY JP EYE HOSPITAL?
J P Eye Hospital offers a customized refractive solutions to every person and has most advanced, USFDA approved Lasik machine with experienced surgeons.
WHAT IS IT?
The eye’s lens is a transparent structure that focuses images on the light-sensitive retina. Cataracts is a medical condition in which lens becomes progressively opaque resulting in blurred vision. They occur when certain proteins in the lens form abnormal clumps. These clumps gradually get larger and interfere with vision. They distort or block the passage of light through the lens. “Cataract” means “huge waterfall” or “enormous downpour,” which is how some people describe their clouded sight, like trying to look through a waterfall.
In many cases, cataracts are age-related. In other cases, cataracts may be caused by eye trauma, long-term diabetes, corticosteroid medications, or radiation treatments.
HOW YOU WILL COME TO KNOW?
Once symptoms of cataracts develop, they can include: Cloudy or blurry vision, Double vision (diplopia),Colors appear faded, Seeing halos around lights, Increased sensitivity to glare.
Jp eye hospital is offers various options as some people with cataracts can improve their vision by using eyeglasses, magnifying lenses, or stronger lighting, the only way to cure cataracts is with SURGERY.
JP EYE HOSPITAL IS EQUIPPED WITH ALL LATEST AND ADVANCED MACHINES TO OFFER YOU THE FACILITY used throughout the world. various surgical options include .MICRO –INCISION CATARACT SURGERY (MICS) WITH phacoemulsification (phaco) followed by implantation of need based choice of foldable, rollable, aspheric, square edge, acrylic, Monofocal , Multifocal, Toric, MIL ,Trifocal and Accommodative intraocular lens (IOL).